Sheep, beef and deer farmers will get the chance to hear more about Alliance Group’s new strategy and prospects for the new season at the co-operative’s annual roadshows.
The country’s leading sheepmeat processor and exporter has doubled its annual programme of shareholder-supplier meetings with 24 events to be held nationwide over October.
The roadshows, which begin in Feilding and Dannevirke on 1 October, will include a presentation on the co-operative’s new principles as well as an overview of the company’s strategy to improve returns for its farmer shareholders.
Alliance Group chief executive David Surveyor, company chairman Murray Taggart and local directors, will be among those talking with farmers at the roadshows.
“I encourage all shareholders, suppliers and those interested in the co-operative to attend the roadshow meetings,” says Surveyor.
“I know it is a busy time for farmers, but it is important that our shareholders in particular, and those interested in supplying livestock to the co-operative, have the opportunity to hear directly from us where their company is heading and how we plan to get there.
“It’s vital we’re available to our shareholders and one of the aims of holding a larger number of smaller meetings in more locations is to ensure we provide that opportunity to as many farmers as possible.”
He adds: “We will be sharing more detail around our strategy and how we expect to use the newly-defined co-operative principles. As always, the meetings will also provide us with an opportunity to update shareholders on the markets and the pricing prospects going into the new season. I’m looking forward to talking with our shareholders and hearing their thoughts on the co-operative.”
Surveyor says that the meetings are also open to rural professionals such as farm consultants, accountants and bankers.
“Rural professionals play an important role in our farmers’ businesses and we encourage them to come along as well.”
The timetable for the 2015 Alliance Group Shareholder/Supplier meetings is as follows:
- Thursday 1 October, 2.30pm Feilding, Rangitikei Club
- Thursday 1 October, 7.30pm, Dannevirke, Dannevirke Services & Citizens Club
- Friday 2 October, 2.30pm, Masterton, Copthorne Hotel & Resort Solway Park
- Monday 12 October, 2.30pm, Waiau, Amuri Golf Club
- Monday 12 October, 7.30pm, Omihi, Scargill Golf Club
- Tuesday 13 October, 10.30am, Darfield, Darfield Rugby Club
- Tuesday 13 October, 2.30pm, Ashburton, Hotel Ashburton
- Tuesday 13 October, 7.30pm, Fairlie, Mackenzie Rugby Club
- Wednesday 14 October, 10.30am, Waimate, Waimate Rugby Club
- Wednesday 14 October, 2.30pm, Five Forks, Five Forks Hall
- Wednesday 14 October, 7.30pm, Palmerston, Palmerston Golf Club
- Thursday 15 October, 10.30am, Lee Stream, Lee Stream Hall
- Thursday 15 October, 2.30pm, Omakau, Matakanui Rugby Club
- Monday 19 October, 10.30am, Blenheim, Quality Hotel Marlborough
- Monday 19 October, 2.30pm, Nelson, Waimea Rugby Club
- Tuesday 20 October, 2.30pm, Owaka, Owaka Golf Club
- Tuesday 20 October, 7.30pm, Wyndham, Wyndham Golf Club
- Wednesday 21 October,10.30am, Tuatapere, Waiau Town & Country Club
- Wednesday 21 October, 2.30pm, Otautau, Otautau Combined Sports Complex
- Wednesday 21 October, 7.30pm, Mossburn, Mossburn Community Centre
- Thursday 22 October, 10.30am, Waikaka, Waikaka Sports Complex
- Thursday 22 October,2.30pm, Lawrence, Waitahuna War Memorial Hall
- Thursday 22 October, 7.30pm, Gore, Longford Function Centre
- Friday 23 October, 10.30am Clinton, Clinton Rugby Club