To innovate effectively, access to good information and insights is key. A great opportunity for red meat sector businesses to focus on innovation will come along in November.
The 2017 Food and Fibre Innovation Conference, themed “Innovation – from Vision to Action” is happening on 30 November 2017 in Wellington, hosted by the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) It’ll focus on how a business engages in innovation across its supply chain, from using inputs, through to how products are processed, packaged, distributed and consumed.
Organisers, Composition, are bringing together an outstanding line-up of speakers from New Zealand and overseas to share their expert perspectives and practical know-how on five key areas:
- Examples of innovation that have been successfully adopted and scaled-up.
- Impediments getting in the way of innovation in the food and fibre. industries, and how to overcome these.
- How to identify and seize innovation opportunities.
- How to plan for innovation.
- How to finance innovation.
- How customer-centric innovation can add value.
- How innovation can improve sustainability outcomes.
Innovation in action
Running alongside the conference will be the MPI’s Primary Growth Partnership (PGP) Expo where you’ll be able to see, and experience first-hand, the exciting range of PGP programmes underway, and the innovations they’re delivering across primary sector value chains.
The organisers promise that further details of the speaker programme and registration details for “stimulating day of discussion” will follow along soon.